by Chassidy Taylor
Spring break is probably one of the most popular “travel” breaks durning the school year. The significance of the break is that it marks the end of the cold winter and the start of warmer weather. Students and teachers alike enjoy having that mini mental shut down. It is a time to regroup and recoup. But many of us can’t afford those luxury beach trips and out of the country extravaganzas so here is a list of fun inexpensive ideas for ways to spend your “mental” down time.
10 Things to do over Spring Break
1) Take in the arts, visit local museums
2) Hangout with friends and family
3) Join a book club
4) Become a movie critic for a day and bring a friend
5) Go camping at a local park or recreation area
6) Become a food connoisseur and try a new restaurant every day of the week
7) Cruise the local thrift shops for new treasures
8) Take a picnic to a local park or lake
9) Visit a local day spa and treat yourself to a quite relaxing atmosphere
10) Take a road trip and visit small forgotten places off the beaten path
If these things don’t bring you the necessary sabbatical you are longing for then simply stay home, kick your feet, up and enjoy the lazy days with your favorite pass-time.